The Vice Chancellor of the University of Mauritius Prof Mohee hosted a Letter of Intent signing ceremony between Bindura University of Science Education and University of Mauritius on Wednesday, 25 October 2016.
Prof Eddie Mwenje, left, shakes hands with Professor Mohee , the Vice Chancellor of Mauritius University soon after signing the Letter of Intent
The event which was held in the University of Mauritius Council Boardroom was witnessed the senior management of the University of Mauritius and Dr Maroni R. Nyikahadzoyi of Bindura University of Science Education. The broad objective of the LETTER OF INTENT was to initiate collaborative activities which will result in a formal Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement to jointly impart 21st Century teaching and learning skills in teachers, academics and course designers. Signing on behalf of BUSE, Prof Eddie Mwenje, Vice Chancellor of BUSE expressed deep belief in the good results of mutual cooperation between the two universities in the coming time. The signatories pledged to remain committed to strengthening and deepening the long-term collaboration may be carried out in, but not necessarily limited to, the following activities at regional level:
• Joint development and delivery of online courses and programmes.
• Visits between universities by academic, technical and administrative staff.
• Exchange of materials in education and research, publications and academic information.
• Facilitate and conclude the delivery of courses at or between the two universities using ICT tools.
• Collaborative research and publication.
• Joint organization of conferences, seminars or other academic meetings.