POST: BURSAR (1 POST)
The Bursar is the Chief Finance Officer of the University with the overall responsibility of safeguarding its funds and authorizing its investments and expenditure. The Bursar is part of the Senior Management Team in the University and plays a key role in the strategic planning and decision making process in the institution. He/she is responsible to the University Council and the Vice Chancellor
- Bachelor of Accountancy Honours Degree or equivalent.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Certified Accountant (CCA), Full ACCA, CIMA or equivalent diploma
- Six years accounting experience in a large organization with at least two years in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems/packages.
- Applicants should be Registered Public Accountants.
- A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a strong understanding of the funding challenges facing higher education institutions
- Be able to contribute to the overall good management of the University and keep pace with other challenges in the internal and external environment
- Have proven track record of taking full responsibility for a multifaceted job in a dynamic environment
- Be a mature person of good repute who enjoys an outstanding reputation in the chosen field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Apart from being responsible to the University Council and the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Act as the University’s financial advisor.
- Take full responsibility for all the financial functions of the University including strategic planning, designing and implementing sound accounting systems
- Provide policy advice and accounting services to a wide range of clients within the University community and ensuring that the financial regulations and procedures are updated as and when necessary and adhered to.
- Understand the full range of relevant University secretarial duties and administration of the University’s pension and insurance portfolios
- Provide periodic managerial and financial reports as required by University management, the University Council and its Committees.
- Assist the Vice Chancellor in formulating and managing the institution’s budget
- Attend to audit queries.
- Arrange University investments in consultation with the Vice Chancellor.
SALARIES AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Contract terms
- A competitive salary
- Medical aid and pension schemes
- Attractive leave conditions
for more vacancies: http://ww4.msu.ac.zw/vacancies